2 Words



Yá’át’ééh! (hello!)


If you remember, I mentioned that I learned some Navajo words on the first day of camp (Day 3 of our trip; read the story here).
No, that hello above isn't one of them. We've learned that since the very first day of our training. (That, and Ahéhee’— Thank you!)


Here are the 2 words I learned in Shiprock:

Haa'goh: Come here!

Nizhóní: Good! (also means beautiful, or good job!)

I learned these words while working with our Navajo friends.
One of them were asking me to come over and say Haa'goh!" — mistaken me for a Navajo man.
After I gave him a deer in the headlights look, he said Come here!” with a huge grin on his face.

Later on, after I helped him and we finished the job, he said said Nizhóní!” with a thumb up! (and another big smile).

He then proceed to tell me how to pronounce it properly and what it means.
I thought it might comes in handy during sports camps.


To Shiprock Team (my California team-mates, our local partners in The Rez, and the whole Shiprock community)Nizhóní! for a job well done.


To all of you reading this blog and thinking of going with us; our friends in the rez is saying Haa'goh to you. (interested yet? Check below on how can you take the next steps)

It's the perfect time for me to express my deepest gratitude to all of you for partnering with me, and supporting me in prayer, as well as financially.

Those 2 words pretty much summarize our trip to Shiprock this year.
- - -

Our first team briefing on Sunday night



This entry marks the end of my Shiprock 2016 stories.
Ahéhee’ (Thank You!)


Thumbs up y'all!

Check out my next entries on Tuba City 2017.
This Shiprock 2016 series is written in chronological order, Tuba City 2017 will tell more logistical details such as accommodation, where/what we eat, financial responsibilities and much more.

- - - 

Wanna go on mission with us?
Here's some easy steps you can take:
1. PRAY Ask God to guide you as you take this journey.
2. Take Classes 101 & 401, if you haven't already.
Completion of these 2 classes is required prior to trip departure. You may sign-up for a trip even if you haven't complete those 2.
3. Mark your calendar for these: 
• Native America Annual Dinner: Sunday afternoon, sometimes in November (most likely 1st or 2nd).
• PEACE Practical (or a PEACE Gathering at any Saddleback Campus).

• Trainings start late February through mid May on sunday afternoons, twice a month.
4. Drink a lot of water. 'nuff said.
If you're looking for information on to get there, how long is the trip, how much would the trip cost, where are we staying, what would we eat, and so on, I'll talk more in details on those in my 2017 entries. Stay tuned.

In the mean time, feel free to ask me in person or email/text me, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. 
Cheers!




Popular Posts